Who can ask for information under Right to Information Act?
- Any citizen can ask for information under these laws.
- The Act extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- OCI’s (Overseas Citizens of India) and PIO’s (Persons of Indian Origin) card holders can also ask for information under the RTI Act.
- For citizens, OCI’s and PIO’s who are staying out of India, the RTI Application can be filed with the PIO of the local Indian Embassy/Consulate/High Commission
- They will inform you regarding the amount of application fee in local currency as well as the mode of payment.